Milled Slide for DPP Optic

Shotguns, assault rifles, sub-guns, carbines and non-carry handguns.
Tye

Milled Slide for DPP Optic

Postby Tye » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 pm

... and more.

Best regards,

Tye

Hand and Steel

Re: Milled Slide for DPP Optic

Postby Hand and Steel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Nice. Does that pistol have an aftermarket barrel bushing? And what kind of grips are those?
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

Tye

Re: Milled Slide for DPP Optic

Postby Tye » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Cajun Gun Works "10x barrel bushing", 11deg crown, short reach trigger, CGW race hammer, new springs, pins, polishing job, etc. Grips are cool hand G10, fairly aggressive texture and thinner than stock grips. I kept the FPB in place but the associated takeup travel doesn't bother me. No overtravel, and much improved reset.

I'm swapping the grips with the stock rubber grips that came with my Matte Stainless for my next shooting session.

My goal was to see if the 85B could surpass the 75B Matte Stainless as my favorite for target,/bullseye shooting, while perhaps giving me a chance at ringing the gong regularly from 100 yards out. The 2.5 MOA dot and crisp SA pull will likely make it possible for me. I've only put ~ 260 rounds dowrange so far, but the gun's accuracy is already evident making unsupported 20 yrd shots on the 8 inch gong a piece of cake. This SA trigger is now the best in my collection of handguns (have no custom or high end affairs).

The tradeoff for the race hammer is that it is now possible to engage the safety with the hammer down (a no no). Not a factor for me as this is a fun gun, but in retrospect, I might have made it SAO and removed the FPB. Maybe next time...
Best regards,

Tye

Return to “Scatterguns, Rifles & Non-carry Handguns”