SAP/Slap Jack

Tactical clothing, lights, lasers, kevlar vests, etc.
Stoble

SAP/Slap Jack

Postby Stoble » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Not sure where this fits but of course redirect me to the proper area. Wondered if any of you owned/use a sap/slap jack? Particularly the beaver tail shaped ones. I thought I might carry one in my soft brief case for work. Yes, they are illegal in some states to carry. More of a novelty of a time past but could come in handy for a nonlethal tool option. Many cops seemed to like them in the past. The net says they declined use in the 1970's or in another place they report the decline happened in the 1990's. Of course other nonlethal options took over in more recent years but seemed to be effective.

Hand and Steel

Re: SAP/Slap Jack

Postby Hand and Steel » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Stoble wrote:I thought I might carry one in my soft brief case for work.

It might not be an elegant solution, but if you already have the brief case on you, why not hit the theoretical thug with that? More weight than a sap, it's already in your hand if you need it, and doesn't look as bad in the eyes of your "peers" if it comes to that.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Why not? In FL, it's called a concealed weapons permit, not just guns. There's times when you may want to whack somebody for their indiscretions without actually going through the turmoil of killing them. Non-lethal self defense does have it's place, and then some.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:30 pm

yankeejib wrote:Why not? In FL, it's called a concealed weapons permit, not just guns. There's times when you may want to whack somebody for their indiscretions without actually going through the turmoil of killing them. Non-lethal self defense does have it's place, and then some. Spray them, then break their nose. Then run away.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Return to “Carry Gear”